- We compile newsletters advertising cattle for sale and , cattle wanted , machinery for sale or wanted , we provide comprehensive print media coverage and , internet advertising for all of our clearing sales, we also provide results of previous sales.
- We provide ( subject to sale size ) a minimum Sale Day Staff of >> 2 office girls, 2 auctioneers, 1 record taker of the sale, 1 paint yard person, 1 person in the ring, and , 2 drafting the cattle prior to the ring.
- We provide a complete service for all types/breeds of Cattle , Dairy or Beef .
- We have a excellent market for export heifers at all times .
- Private sales including all dairy cattle of all breeds
What we provide for a sale
- Visit the property , regardless of where it is , to assess the cattle , absolutely critical for us to formulate the sales and advertising strategy.
- Cattle yards are assessed then so decisions can be made as to how and where the sale will be conducted.
- A set of top class portable yards and loading ramp are available ( at no charge ) to construct a sale ring and lead up pens to achieve a smooth sale.
- Milk, fat, fat percent, protein, protein percent, SCC, all breed details, DOB, breed, sire, dam (parentage), calving date, sire in calf to, expected calving date etc. all detailed on a catalogue.
- Catalogues will be sent to expected buyers, people requesting catalogues (off our database), advertising will be arranged in whatever papers thought necessary (Country Life, Land, Weekly Times & local editions etc.) , the sale catalogues will also be available to be ‘downloaded’ from our Internet site > www.cochranelivestock.com.au
- Cows will be lot numbered in accordance to marketing them in the best possible way.
- The day prior to the sale, all cattle are lot numbered on the loin and NILS read.
- The morning of the sale cattle are drafted by the Cochrane Livestock staff I to ensure easily managed groups.
- Staff are provided to ensure cattle are drafted steadily and properly.
- 2 auctioneers are used, John Cochrane and son, James.
- All cattle painted with the buyer number on the rump immediately after they are sold, this is to enable easy drafting.
- This provides for identifications on each cow, to limit any mistakes, 1 eartag ,2 lot number ,3 buyers number , 4 NLIS tag.
- Staff will assist in drafting and loading the cattle after the sale.
- Accounting details will be administered immediately after the sale so payment and invoices can be handled promptly.
We pride ourselves in delivering a total service (prior to the sale we are constantly seeking buyers of the Vendors type of cattle) selling and delivering cattle to manage the cattle in best care.